Well I haven’t posted anything in about two months because I was busy moving into my new house and renovating it. But I’m back now so hold on to your seats because I got some exciting things coming your way!
Happy New Year to all my readers. Sorry for not posting for such a long time. I was really busy. I’ll post on some new topics very soon.
Cheers for now!
If you are selling your phone or giving it to someone and want to clear your G1 of all your personal data then do the following:
- Turn off the G1
- When the phone is off hold the home and power button until a triangle show up on the screen
- When you see the triangle open up the keyboard and press ALT and W together
That’s it! Your G1 will now power back on and all your data will be cleared.
Apple requires you to first purchase the song and then pay $0.99 to make it into a ringtone. Well with my method you only require to have the song, by any means, and you’ll have your new ringtone free of charge within a couple of minutes.
- Choose your song in itunes
- Right click on the song of your choice and click on “Get info”
- After clicking on “Get info” click on “Options”
- Check the “Start time” box and “Stop time” box
- Enter the time of when you want the song to start and stop
- Exit out of the “Options” window
- Right click on the song you just adjusted the time limits on and click on “Create AAC version”
- Go to your desktop and create a folder labeled “iPhone Ringtones”
- Now click on the AAC version of the song and drag it to the “iPhone Ringtones” folder
- Go back to itunes and delete the AAC version of the song
- Go to the “iPhone Ringtones” folder, right click on the song you just placed in there, then click on “Rename” and change .m4a to .m4r
- Click “Yes” when the box pops up telling you the file may become unusable if you change the extension
- Now drag the song to “Ringtones” in itunes. The “Ringtones” can be found on the left side of the itunes window
- Go back to the original song in itunes, right click on the song, click on “Get info”, then click on “Options”, and finally uncheck the “Start time” and “Stop time” boxes
- Sync your iphone and you will have your new ringtone available on your iphone
- To choose your new ringtone go to Setting -> Sounds -> Ringtones -> and your new ringtone will be under Custom
Enjoy your new ringtone free of charge! If you have any questions please post a comment and I will respond immediately. Thanks for reading!
Apple just released the new ipod nano which comes with a video recorder. The price still remains the same for the 8gb model at $149 but there is a new price of $169 for the 16gb model. Actually the case is that apple has to add new features to its music players and also lower the price because people are just buying mp3 players now a days because of the lower cost and more features. Apple has also released the new 64gb ipod touch for $399. They lowered the price for the 32gb model to $299 and obseleted the 16gb model. The 8gb ipod touch is still $199. Apple will continue to come out with new ipods and people will continue to buy because lets face it we are all fascinated by new, shiny gadgets!
If you are buying a ipod touch from ebay or elsewhere you should know the difference between the 1st ad 2nd generation ipod touchs. The first difference is that they both come in different packaging. The 1st gen ipod touch comes in a black box with the picture of the ipod touch and a music artist and the 2nd gen ipod touch comes in a clear box with just the ipod touch showing through the box. The second difference is that the 1st gen does NOT have speakers and 2nd gen ipod touch does have speakers. Lastly the 1st gen ipod touch can NOT be updated to the latest 3.0 OS and the 2nd gen ipod touch can be updated to the 3.0 OS. Hope this helps you in making the right decision and not getting the wrong gen ipod touch.
If your selling your sidekick or giving it someone and you don’t want waste your time deleting every single personal data on the phone then simply do the following:
Menu key > Setting > System info > menu key, shift, and the letter “X” all together
This little trick will save you loads of time and will let you delete your usernames and all data relating to your tmobile account. This technique works on the following sidekick devices:
- sidekick color
- sidekick 2
- sidekick 2 juicy couture edition
- sidekick 2 cartoon edition
- sidekick 3
- sidekick lx
- sidekick 2008
- sidekick lx 2009
There are times when the iPhone wants to be its own boss and suddenly freezes or shows you the white screen then follow the directions below and you’ll go on with your day like it never even happened.
Well when your iphone 2g, iphone 3g, or iphone 3Gs freezes you simply have to hold the power button and home button until the phone’s screen goes blank. After the phone shuts down power the phone back on and all should work as it did before.
Once again RIM has come out with their latest addition to the blackberry family, the blackberry tour 9630. This phone is available on the Sprint and Verizon wireless networks. One good quality I like about this phone is that it is both a GSM and CDMA phone. So you can unlock this blackberry to work on AT&T and Tmobile. This phone also has the 2100 Mhz band which enables it to work worldwide. This unfortunatley doesn’t have GPS capibilites. Overall it has the same features as the blackberry javelin 8900.
These are phone’s specs:
Today the new OS for the iphone came out which is the 3.0. I have had this new OS on my iphone for the past 5 hours and let me tell you it is awesome! You have to start getting used to it but once you do then it’s all fun and games.
When I was trying to update my OS to 3.0 the apple activation servers were down but now the servers have been fixed and you should be able to download the new OS without any delays.
One of the new functions was MMS but this function won’t be available to iPhone users because AT&T will be getting this new feature late this Summer.
The copy/paste function is easier done on a blackberry device but this is just the first copy/paste function for the iphone and I’m confident it’ll get better.
None the less the OS 3.0 is very good.
The new iphone 3G S will be coming out this Friday, June 19, 2009. It will already come updated to the new 3.0 OS.